× Members

ESA support group

More
6 years 7 months ago #196881 by Kezza
ESA support group was created by Kezza
Hi I've been on ESA since approx end of April 2017. I sent in a letter from my GP stating I wasn't fit to attend the medical, so they are having to send someone out to assess me, which is taking ages.

I should be in the support group as I suffer severe depression, anxiety and PTSD as well as a few other condition.

I'm currently receiving approx £73 from them, but I believe this goes up when your on the support group?
Also do you think they are delaying sending out a medical assesor to keep my payments down?

Can I back claim for any monies owed?

Is there a way I can get in the support group with out someone attending at my house for an assessment ?

I've rung them and all they say is they are short of assessors that come out to your house so I'm still on a waiting list. Any advice appreciated.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
6 years 7 months ago #196903 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic ESA support group
Kezza

I am afraid that there are considerable delays in the ESA assessment process and members are reporting waits of six months or even longer for an appointment.

This is not an attempt to keep your payment down, if you receive an award then it will be backdated to the start of week 14 of your claim.

A Paper Based Review can only be done if Maximus is satisfied that it has the information available to make recommendation to the DWP without seeing you. If they have said that a home assessment is required then they are saying that they do not have the info necessary for a PBR. You can try contacting them to see if you can supply more information but as this is a new claim, the level of information required will be very high.

If you are suffering financial distress due to the delay then you can try contacting your MP to see whether they can get the DWP to prioritise your claim.

Contacting your MP

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.