× Members

How long does a PIP paper based assessment take?

More
6 years 7 months ago #197087 by Angelherb
Hi everyone, please bear with me as i try and explain the mess that capita has made! I had my home assessment 3rd August, and heard nothing until 3 weeks later after i came out of hospital. i had a message on my answer machine to ring capita, only to find out the assessor couldn`t upload my assessment!! they tried to offer me another home assessment but i refused as i was due to go back into hospital.. i put forward a complaint and the head supervisor rang and emailed me several times to take a statement from me, as the assessor told me alot of her personal life during the assessment also, like her drink problem, divorce, in fact quite alot of stuff i did not want to hear!! So they said they are going to investigate her. i haven`t heard anything since. i did get a phone call 2 weeks ago and an email to say they are requesting more evidence from my GP for which she is more than happy to provide them with. My question is, has this happened to anyone else and how long does a paper based assessment take? I have been so stressed and anxious about it all..

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
6 years 7 months ago #197095 by Gordon
Angelherb

Welcome to the forum, you might want to have a look at the following FAQ which explain where everything is

Welcome to Benefits and Work

From your post, the assessors has certainly acted unprofessionally.

If they are contacting your GP then the time for PBR is really dependant on how quickly they respond, but I would think your are probably looking at about two week at the least, then there will be time for the DWP to make a Decision, currently 2-4 weeks.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

More
6 years 7 months ago #197110 by Angelherb
Replied by Angelherb on topic How long does a PIP paper based assessment take?
I'm hoping they do contact my GP because I don't trust them, as it took them 3 weeks for them to let me know of the assessors incompetence. I was that upset about it I contacted my solicitor, local mp and emailed the independent case examiners. I told them I had and couldn't face another assessment. I've been going through the transfer from Dla to pip since April! I've always used the guides on here and thankfully my review for the Esa only took 10 days and I was placed back into the support group. This website is fantastic and I will be renewing my membership. Thanks for your reply.

More
6 years 7 months ago #197125 by Orangeblossom
Replied by Orangeblossom on topic How long does a PIP paper based assessment take?
I have recently had a paper reassessment for ESA which also involved them asking the GP for a form, it took quite a while as they had to wait for it back etc and then took weeks to look at it. I emailed maximus via their email several times and they then asked the assessors to progress it. It took in all five months. But from the file being returned to DWP it only took a week to hear of the decision.

More
6 years 7 months ago #197126 by Orangeblossom
Replied by Orangeblossom on topic How long does a PIP paper based assessment take?
Sorry- RE last message, I thought you meant ESA. Have also had a PIP paper assessment which was very quick.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Angelherb

More
6 years 7 months ago #197190 by Angelherb
Replied by Angelherb on topic How long does a PIP paper based assessment take?
I thought I'd let you know of the latest reply from capita. This in relation to the assessors incompetence and the personal information of the assessor that she told me about during the assessment. Well capita have questioned her and like I knew, she has denied everything! I am disappointed and will be speaking with my solicitor and other relevant parties about this. As I wouldn't like anyone else to go through this. It would appear that even if you have a witness capita still protect their own assessors. What is sad about it all is the assessor said she remembers some of the assessment but anything I've said she can't! I just pray that this does not go against me and they definitely contact my GP for more evidence as I don't trust them at all. It's been one of the most stressful experiences I've been through on top of the on going health issues I live with. I had to postpone some of my hospital appointments for the assessment and my GP is disgusted with the incompetence of their assessments. It only boils down to your word against theirs and your professional health consultants don't count. I'm very disappointed with it all.

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.