× Members

Reinstatement ESA After Mandatory Reconsideration

More
6 years 7 months ago #197161 by Gill 10
Hello. After being on ESA in the support group for the last 5 years ( I have OA of the spine and a spinal fusion), I have now been found fit for work at the ESA medical. I have asked for mandatory reconsideration which was also knocked back. I have submitted an appeal to the Tribunals Service and had this acknowledged by both TS and DWP. I asked for ESA to be reinstated in my appeal. I was only informed 4 weeks later that I should also submit 'fit notes'. I have done this too for the whole time of the MR and ongoingfor the next 2 months. This was 3 weeks ago but I have still heard nothing. Is there something I have missed out doing? Your help would be much appreciated.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
6 years 7 months ago - 6 years 7 months ago #197180 by slugsta
Hi Gill,

As long as the TS have notified DWP that your appeal has been accepted, and you have submitted fitnotes to cover the period, payment at the ESA basic rate should restart.

If DWP do not get a move on, your MP might be able to speed things up

www.benefitsandwork.co.uk/help-for-claim...q/general-faq#Gen100

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems
Last edit: 6 years 7 months ago by slugsta.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.