× Members

DLA to PIP success

More
6 years 7 months ago #197230 by rj
DLA to PIP success was created by rj
Hi all,
Many thanks to B&W and forum moderators for playing a huge part in my successful DLA to PIP claim. Enhanced rate awarded for both daily living and mobility until 2023 (So review in 2022).
I have subscribed to B&W since Jan 2013, and would highly recommend B&W’s ‘members only’ guides. I used B&W’s ESA guide for my migration from IB to ESA support group, and for a later ESA reassessment. As soon as I heard that DLA was being phased out I downloaded B&W’s PIP guide and slowly began to gather my evidence together and prepare for the day I would have to apply for PIP. B&W news/up-dates enabled me to keep my PIP preparation up-to-date. However, my condition had deteriorated since my last DLA assessment, and the waiting for the DWP letter to tell me my DLA was ending was getting me down, so I decided to bite the bullet and trigger the PIP process by reporting the change in my circumstances. I felt that whatever the outcome it would be best to get it over with. This course of action is not recommended for everyone as it puts you at risk of losing your DLA prematurely, so please think carefully first. Anyway, it was such a relief to receive the PIP award letter this morning. Wishing all B&W members every success with your claims.
The following user(s) said Thank You: slugsta, banana

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
6 years 7 months ago - 6 years 7 months ago #197231 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic DLA to PIP success
Bengal

I'm very pleased for you, well done and thank you for your comments.

Gordon

tags: @RESULT @PIP

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems
Last edit: 6 years 7 months ago by Gordon.
The following user(s) said Thank You: MISSJK1

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.