× Members

lost PIP mobility - not recieved ATOS report yet

More
6 years 7 months ago #197275 by triciatext
Hi
My daughter has lost her PIP mobility award, her high rate PIP for daily living, and now her mobility car . It doesn't come as any surprise to me that this has happened as two years ago i took her case to appeal and she was awarded higher rate PIP for both elements by the tribunal. She is on the autistic spectrum. I believe that ATOS have guidelines/ directions in what to award young people like my daughter as she was awarded exactly the same as her previous assessment two years ago.

I have phoned the DWP and requested a copy of the ATOS report but this has still not arrived. I wrote to the DWP on Monday requesting this again and asking for an extension of time for
MR and sent the letter by recorded delivery. The problem is the the deadline for a MR is tomorrow is there anything else i can do? i don't want to request a MR until i see the report but also i don't want her to miss out on going to appeal which i believe she has a good chance of winning.

thanks

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
6 years 7 months ago - 6 years 7 months ago #197285 by slugsta
I suggest you get the MR request in straight away. You don't need to give a lot of information at this stage. Tell DWP that you will send in more information when you have the assessor's report and they should give you more time.

The MR process is explained in the PIP guides.

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems
Last edit: 6 years 7 months ago by slugsta.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.