× Members

Work capability assessment

More
6 years 7 months ago #197276 by JACKTOFF
Work capability assessment was created by JACKTOFF
Hi
Thanks for your advice re carers allowance the other day
Today my wife received a work capability form to fill in
She has been on ESA 12 years with a mental health issue and in the support group so hasn't had to send any fit notes
Have you heard that that this is happening to others?
I just thought she would be on ESA till she either improves or retires
Don't know if this has any bearing on it but she has been turned down with 0 points for PIP and we're waiting (and waiting) for a tribunal date
Cheers
Glen

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
6 years 7 months ago - 6 years 7 months ago #197287 by slugsta
Replied by slugsta on topic Work capability assessment
Hi Glen,

I am amazed that your wife has been on ESA for so long without reassessment! Under normal circumstances (that is, when reassessments have not been deferred because of backlogs) the longest period before reassessment would be 3 years for those in the Support Group.

Legislation has certainly changed since your wife was first awarded ESA so you should pay careful attention to the guides.

www.benefitsandwork.co.uk/help-for-claimants/esa1

May I suggest that you bookmark/favourite this on your web browser now so that you can find it easily in future? This will allow you to return with further questions or comments about your wife's ESA without having to start a new topic each time. We ask members to keep everything relating to the same claim in one topic as it helps us enormously - and I hope you will find it useful too

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems
Last edit: 6 years 7 months ago by slugsta.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.