× Members

Hi, where are the GP, PIP notes please?

More
6 years 7 months ago #197596 by soggysue
Hi, where are the GP, PIP notes please? was created by soggysue
I dont normally post on this site, but I am at a loss, so here goes.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
6 years 7 months ago #197617 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic Hi, where are the GP, PIP notes please?

soggy wrote: I dont normally post on this site, but I am at a loss, so here goes.

They are in the PIP section, 5th link down

www.benefitsandwork.co.uk/help-for-claimants/pip

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems
The following user(s) said Thank You: soggysue

More
6 years 7 months ago #197640 by Wheelynice
Replied by Wheelynice on topic Hi, where are the GP, PIP notes please?
Went to GP with your GP notes template. GP didn't really know about DLA or Pip or the criteria. Completed it as much as I could so that we could discuss, but he did not want to sign it and would only do s basic covering letter, at a charge of 40. He said that as I'm not at home with you, I don't know the problems you have so can't sign it. I'm a full time wheelchair user, due to CP, so the condition is well established since birth. I also have care needs It is a condition that is still seen as having a focus on any treatment in childhood, rather than seeing it as having a progressive effect on muscles and functional level of muscles due to lack of use and a muscle wasting. GPexpect that you have something similar to a ms nurse or other professionals involved. Unfortunately not as the involvement declines after child hood and you are just left to get on with it. Knowledge of CP amongst health professionals is very limited, not really beyond the fact that it is a brain injury. What else can I do to gather evidence for care needs as don't have social worker involvement.

More
6 years 7 months ago #197657 by slugsta
Replied by slugsta on topic Hi, where are the GP, PIP notes please?
Hi Wheelynice,

Do you have anyone who helps with your care? They could send in a letter of support.

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.