× Members

ESA information

More
6 years 7 months ago #197668 by Susan Smith
ESA information was created by Susan Smith
Hi, I had my f2f assessment 5 weeks ago now and had requested a copy of the report, I received it last week, but have still not had a letter with a decision regarding an award.
However, today I have received a letter from DWP regarding my ESA which says
Your claim for esa and support allowance
Changes in the esa rates payable.
We have looked at your claim again following a recent change.
I have been on since 2011, it states all the years from 2011 to date and the amounts I have received every year per week.
I was wondering why they have sent me this letter now, my reassessment was due to be this year but ,when I rang them earlier in the year, they told me it would be next year now.
I'm just a bit confused why, I have had this and could it be because of the PIP, I know they are two different benefits but wondered if this had happened to anyone else please.
Thank you

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
6 years 7 months ago #197671 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic ESA information
Susan

The ESA system seems to generate letters even when no actual change has taken place, often when something that could have changed your ESA has happened, but it didn't actually do so.

This could be a Decision on your PIP award but you will have to contact the DWP to check or wait for the letter. PIP enables some of the ESA Premiums and so the letter you have received could be in relation to those.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

More
6 years 7 months ago #197673 by Susan Smith
Replied by Susan Smith on topic ESA information
Thank you Gordon, do you think when it's actually time for my ESA assessment next year, that if I am claiming PIP as a transfer from Indefinite DLA that it will make any difference to whether I will need a face to face with them or will it just continue.
Thank you Gordon for all your valuable help and advice it is much appreciated.

More
6 years 7 months ago #197676 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic ESA information
Susan

The assessments are done by different companies, I would not expect Maximus to know anything about your PIP claim, their decision about whether a face to face is required or not will be based on your ESA50 and the evidence attached to it.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems
The following user(s) said Thank You: Susan Smith

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.