× Members

First time success—thanks to this website

More
6 years 6 months ago #198086 by ikebgal
I'm much more of a lurker than a commenter but I wanted to say how profoundly grateful I am to this website and this community and to urge everyone to go through all of the invaluable content available here as they apply for benefits.

30 minutes ago I received the DWP's brown envelope informing me I have been awarded the enhanced rate of PIP for daily living and the standard rate for mobility. Having had a little cry and a cup of tea I wanted to let you know that it is actually possible to jump through the hoops.

These are both "correct" awards based on the points system (even if the points system itself is daft). And having read through all the information available here and presented my application based on the guidance and examples, I got the award first time so I thankfully don't have to go through the ordeal of an appeal. It wouldn't have been possible without this site.

So thank you once again and I wish everybody every success with your applications, appeals and reassessments.

(My next battle will be to try to convince my council that yes, I really do need a blue badge - no matter what they've been saying for the last few years...!)
The following user(s) said Thank You: slugsta

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
6 years 6 months ago #198098 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic First time success—thanks to this website
ikebgal

Many congratulations on the award. Well done.

If you score 8 points or more for the Moving Around activity then you will have automatic qualification for a Blue Badge.

Gordon

tags: @RESULT @PIP

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.