× Members

second MC cont...

More
6 years 6 months ago #198151 by Beragon
second MC cont... was created by Beragon
dear Advisors,

Sorry forgot to tell you that this is a Universal Credit Appeal. I know you do not officially advise on UC- yet? but nobody seems to know how they reach their decisions on this new benefit. The CAB in Bath dont know and UC was introduced here 18 months ago.

Also I thought that when you make a MC, a different decision maker should look again at the decision, but both MC have been done by the same cow, who is making my life a misery. I say cow in a gender neutral way as the person has a gender neutral name.

Beragon

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
6 years 6 months ago #198167 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic second MC cont...
Beragon

I don't know why members keep thinking that we are not advising on UC, we are, but only in regard to the same areas as we do with what is now called old ESA. What we are not doing is extending our support to the other benefits that come under the UC umbrella.

Most of the procedures for an MR are not legally defined, so whilst an MR should be reviewed by a second MR, there is no requirement for this to happen. I'm not aware of any requirement, where a second MR is done for a third DM to be involved.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

More
6 years 6 months ago - 6 years 6 months ago #198186 by Beragon
Replied by Beragon on topic second MC cont...
Hi Gordon,

Thank you for your reply.

I only mention the UC thing as when I first contacted you several months ago, that is what you said. Are you going to produce guides on UC soon?

I am not talking about a third DM . My first MC and the second one MC after appeal were both written by a [removed]. Maybe this is the name of the head of department and we never know the name of the DM's. If it is not, then this gender neutral person has replied to both and I think I read in one of your guides that a second MC should look at the decision again.

Beragon.
Last edit: 6 years 6 months ago by Gordon.

More
6 years 6 months ago #198187 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic second MC cont...
Beragon

The requirement for a different DM applies to the original Decision and the MR, not a first and second MR.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.