× Members

called for interview at job centre

More
6 years 7 months ago #198281 by carole
called for interview at job centre was created by carole
i have received a letter today saying i must attend an office interview, we re reviewing your benefits and circumstances . This is for the 11th Oct.
signed by compliance officer. I have been truthful and honest in all dealings with DWP and have never had anything like this before.

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems
The following user(s) said Thank You: Maya

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
6 years 7 months ago - 6 years 7 months ago #198297 by slugsta
Replied by slugsta on topic called for interview at job centre
I'm afraid these are often triggered by an anonymous report, DWP have a duty to investigate no matter how unlikely the allegation.

We suggest that you have someone with you at the interview - to give moral support if nothing else!

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems
Last edit: 6 years 7 months ago by slugsta.
The following user(s) said Thank You: carole

More
6 years 6 months ago #198458 by shell
Replied by shell on topic called for interview at job centre
try not to worry to much someone reported myself I was ill with worry done what most people did googled it and made matters worse, a compliance officer works in hand with fraud but are the lower level of the ladder if u are not going in under caution which they must tell u on the letter I would not worry about it as just doting the I,s and crossing the t,s in nearly all cases the compliance officers deal with, to close the file, the lady I saw was lovely and as stated was a nasty phone call whist I was in with my sister she checked to make sure I was getting the right support and as turned out was not and entitled to alittle bit more money so who ever did this did me a favour in the end good luck.
The following user(s) said Thank You: slugsta

More
6 years 6 months ago #198473 by carole
Replied by carole on topic called for interview at job centre
Thank you for taking the time to reply Shell, much appreciated . Yes i know i have nothing to fear because i have always been truthful and honest in my dealings with DWP. I know who has done this.

More
6 years 6 months ago #198487 by Judy
Replied by Judy on topic called for interview at job centre
Hate people like this, they must have sad and bitter lives to want to cause harm to someone else.

More
6 years 6 months ago #198489 by annie3
Replied by annie3 on topic called for interview at job centre
I have also just been called for an interview on 10th October, 'to discuss some changes that may affect your benefits payments' Signed by 'Compliance Officer'. There have been no changes in my circumstances.
The letter asks for full details of any savings. I claim contribution-based ESA (Support group) and PIP. These benefits aren't affected by any savings. .
As I'm not claiming anything means-tested, Do I have to show them details of my savings? I find this extremely intrusive.
Also, are these interviews ever just triggered at random? That would be one less thing to worry about.
Thanks for any comments.

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.