× Members

PIP help advice assesment at home

More
6 years 6 months ago #198781 by lisalisa
PIP help advice assesment at home was created by lisalisa
Hi I have today got my f2f letter for my DLA to PIP & they are coming to my home for the assessment any advice is this good or bad ???? also can i choose to stay in my bedroom for assessment and what happens ???? any advice please as i am so worried & scarred

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
6 years 6 months ago - 6 years 6 months ago #198803 by slugsta
Replied by slugsta on topic PIP help advice assesment at home
Hi Lisa,

The only conclusion you can draw from being given a home assessment is that someone has decided that you have a level of impairment that warrants it.

The process will be the same as any assessment held in other venues. This is explained in the PIP guides.

It is up to you which room the assessment is held in and who you have with you. You do not have to make any special arrangements and you do not have to get out of bed if you would not usually do so.

The assessor has no more rights than any other visitor to your home. They cannot 'snoop' through the rest of your home without permission - and we have never heard of anyone asking to do so.

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems
Last edit: 6 years 6 months ago by slugsta.
The following user(s) said Thank You: lisalisa

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.