× Members

What % of PIP applicants get f2f ?

More
6 years 7 months ago #200296 by Ellen
What % of PIP applicants get f2f ? was created by Ellen
I’ve got a frien with mental health issues who is applying for pip - her cpn and go keep telling her she won’t have to have a f2f- when I applied I had letters from several people saying I was unfit for a f2F but I still got one as a hope visit . I’m worried that my friends cpn is misleading her and getting her hopes up ) of not having one) when it’s not something he can control. Nowadays ( as opposed to when pip first came out) is pretty much everyone getting a f2f assessment?
Abby

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
6 years 7 months ago #200309 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic What % of PIP applicants get f2f ?
Abby

My best estimate is that 90% of PIP claimants have a face to face assessment, this is down from 2013 when IP was first introduced where the figure was nearly 98%.

Your friend will not avoid a F2F unless she can provide sufficient information to allow a recommendation to the DWP without being seen or her GP can certify that her being assessed would pose a significant threat to their physical or mental health.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems
The following user(s) said Thank You: Ellen

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris