× Members

ESA work capability assessment

More
6 years 7 months ago #200343 by SuziQ
ESA work capability assessment was created by SuziQ
I am attending my ESA WCA on Monday morning.
My previous assessment went to tribunal after zero points. With this site’s advice I was placed In WRAG.
My original form was based solely on my back issues which were Acute at the time. This has now altered to Chronic & I also have issues with OA, resulting in a knee replacement which has had complications, obviously affecting my back further.
Is this assessment based on the original information only ( I have not updated DWP of these additional problems as I was hopefull of the “Knee” Not impacting my back ) or should I be detailing Everything as it is at the actual time of my assessment.

Thank you for any advice....
SuziQ

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
6 years 7 months ago #200356 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic ESA work capability assessment
Suzi

Did you not receive a new ESA50?

Invited to a face to face assessment but no ESA50 sent

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

More
6 years 7 months ago #200386 by SuziQ
Replied by SuziQ on topic ESA work capability assessment
No Gordon
Just my appointment date ( 10 days notice ) I have requested it be recorded though ....

More
6 years 7 months ago #200393 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic ESA work capability assessment

SuziQ wrote: No Gordon
Just my appointment date ( 10 days notice ) I have requested it be recorded though ....

Maximus have told us that claimants are entitled to complete an ESA50 if they want.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

More
6 years 7 months ago #200395 by SuziQ
Will the assessor be taking in to account these new problems if I tell him/her about them without a new ESA50?
If I Ring tomorrow to ask for a form, I worry they will still expect me to attend as my appointment is on Monday

More
6 years 7 months ago #200396 by SuziQ
If I ask for a new ESA50 I worry I will still be expected to attend my assessment as my appointment is on Monday. Will the assessor even be receptive to new information from me?
( I had a mandatory appointment yesterday with my DWP Work Coach who was shocked that I am having an assessment ... he doesn’t want/need to see me again until next spring After my various hospital & consultant appointments & has noted my record to reflect this )

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris