× Members

Just goes to show

More
6 years 6 months ago #200488 by Katykat
Just goes to show was created by Katykat
I had my PIP reassessment recently, downgraded from enhanced care to standard and from standard mobility to none ( well, 4 points) The assessor was very friendly, no complaints there. But I went from needing assistance in several components to the decision maker saying that I needed an aid or appliance. I requested the assessors report & a MR but by yesterday I had not received the report so I sent the written request for MR off. Got the report today & surprise, it was the assessor that ticked the boxes saying that I could manage with an aid, even though she has detailed in the free text box that I I can’t grip cutlery, can’t raise my arms to wash my hair & several other conflicting statements. I have rheumatoid arthritis & it’s never going to improve so I can’t imagine how they think I can do more now than I did 2 yrs ago. I just hope that I have put enough in my written request for MR to tip the scales, although I know it’s unlikely. I know that I’ll never be complacent again by the “ friendly” assessor.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Gordon

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris