× Members

Severe Disability Premium

More
6 years 7 months ago #200646 by greeneyedlad
Severe Disability Premium was created by greeneyedlad
Hello,

I am currently living with someone & in the support group of ESA therefore i receive the Enhanced disability premium of £15.90 a week.

I was on High Care, Low Mobility DLA but that has recently stopped as I did not think I could cope with the stress of an assessment changing over to PIP
(however I have since changed my mind & just sent off the PIP application)

I am splitting up with my partner & moving from my Mortgaged property into a council house with 100% housing benefit.

My question is this;
Will I automatically now get the Severe Disability Premium of £62.45 a week?
If I do is this on top of the £15.90 so £62.45 extra?
or instead of the £15.90 so £46.55 extra?
and do I automatically still qualify as im in the support group or so I need to be receiving a qualifying benefit such as PIP?

Many thanks

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
6 years 7 months ago #200658 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic Severe Disability Premium
greeneyedlad

Based on your post you do not currently meet the eligibility criteria for the Severe Disability Premium.

If you receive a PIP Daily Living award then you would need to contact the DWP office dealing with your ESA claim to inform them, the SDP would be paid in addition to the EDP.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

More
6 years 7 months ago #200663 by greeneyedlad
Replied by greeneyedlad on topic Severe Disability Premium
I suspected I'd also need to be in receipt of PIP
Hopefully I will qualify as I did for DLA previously
Many thnaks
The following user(s) said Thank You: Gordon

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.