× Members

Face to face interview

More
6 years 7 months ago #201191 by Elaine
Face to face interview was created by Elaine
6 months ago I had an appointment to for my face to face assessment. After getting so worked up about it the day came and both the assessor and I sat in the kitchen and the assessor was asking me questions which were a repeat of what I put on the form. I though then this is a waste of time but I could not say anything. As the assessor was about to get the end of my assessment she suddenly announces that that all her answers that she had in-putted onto her lap top had in fact crashed. She phoned the help line and was told it can be retracted so not to worry. After two hours she went onto her next appointment. So for then I just had to sit it out and just wait for the DWP's response. I waited and waited and then about 3 weeks later I get a letter to inform me of yet another face to face appointment but this time it was 25 miles away. I just blew my top as I had not long done one. I telephoned the DWP and explained that I have already done a face to face assessment in my own home so why should they want another one. Well, I could have died what she told. After all the stress of waiting for my first face to face assessment at home I was then told that the data could not be collected so I would have to go through it all again. As you can imagine my blood pressure went through the roof. I explained that as it was not my fault that I should not have to go through it or not and then I was challenged and told that I either go through it again or withdraw my claim. I accepted the new date as I had no choice and when I got to my assessment I asked the assessor has she been informed that this was my second face to face to which she replied no. I made sure that this information was put onto her laptop and I explained that I have no confidence in lap tops. Anyway I was stressed again and went through it all again. I had to wait 3 months for my letter and every time a brown envelope came through my letter box I thought this is it. When it did eventually arrived they have kept me on the standard rates as before so all that stress I went through with 2 assessments was to no avail. Despite my condition getting worse I decided that I do not have the strength anymore left in me to fight on. I am grateful for what I am receiving but the DWP and their assessors have no idea on what claimants have to go through. Not only has my conditioned deteriorated that all this stress has made my mental condition deteriorate as well. We are in their hands and only they have the power to do what they want with our lives. Without this guide and forum I would not be here now typing all this. There was so much information and written evidence and copies of scans that they received from me that the answers were staring them in the face which they chose to ignore. Now I have had my rant then good luck to this rest of DLA/PIP claimants as you are in for a long wait.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
6 years 7 months ago #201218 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic Face to face interview
Elaine

A restrained congratulations on the renewed award.

Gordon

tags: @RESULT @PIP

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems
The following user(s) said Thank You: Elaine

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.