× Members

pip

More
6 years 6 months ago #201370 by Bez
pip was created by Bez
Hi regarding mobility question, i receive help from Access to work at the moment with taxis to and from work as i can not drive due to side effects of medication for my physical disability. Access to work state that this help is because i can not use public transport for work purposes . How does this fit with planning and following a journey regarding physical or mental health issues.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
6 years 6 months ago #201385 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic pip

Bez wrote: Hi regarding mobility question, i receive help from Access to work at the moment with taxis to and from work as i can not drive due to side effects of medication for my physical disability. Access to work state that this help is because i can not use public transport for work purposes . How does this fit with planning and following a journey regarding physical or mental health issues.

You can certainly use it to help support your scoring for the Going Out activity but I would not rely on it, although the DWP guidance refers to the use of Public Transport in regard to following a route, the Descriptors do not and we have seen Decision Makers deny points on this basis.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris