× Members

Horrendous pip review advice please

More
6 years 10 months ago #201374 by norman21
Horrendous pip review advice please was created by norman21
Hi

just wanted some advice - had the dreaded ftf today for review - was really awful - as expected :(

they had me sitting in waiting room next to main door that they kept opening as 'fixing it' cold wind blowing in - i have really bad asthma and had a man carry stuff and dropping loudly and repeatedly - i complained as made me jump and hypersensitive to noise and partner said has just been out of hospital and cant sit next to open cold door but they were really rude and said if you dont like it go home - i moved as far away as possible and lied down and started crying and my partner took photos of what they were doing - asssessor then too said if you dont like it you can go home - i said if i go home you will refuse my pip so no choice ! ( as was in hospital at first appointment so 2nd date )

then the assessment - eerghh - he would not let me answer questions before on to next
seemed to ignore most of what i was saying despite me trying to be firm and my partner trying to make him listen he just would not ( partner wrote up notes of everything )

i was pretty hysterical and he kept asking about how depressed and suicidal i was and was completely insensitive to the point i just said i cant answer these questions anymore as he kept going on and on about it and asking me to keep talking about how bad i feel mentally even though they know i been under several pyschartirsts etc

- i kept telling him i could not sit in chair as too painful so had to keep moving around with husbands help - he refused to take any notice of the physical pain i was in

- i could not do half the weird physical tests at tend - moving arms behind back and moving feet left to right - not had these before? at one point he said can you jump and squat up and down ? - i just looked at him and said no way !! i doubt he recorded i could not do them as did not seem to record anything about what i could and could not do ?

at the end he tried to give me back the further medical evidence i had given him - which i refused to let him do - i said i wanted it added to case - but i doubt he will add it

question is anyway do you think i should complain now or wait and get the report and see what is in it first as it was just so awful and i have had lots of these now with pip and esa but this one was pretty bad

i only get basic care for pip and after this am expecting to lose it all but want to be prepared for a fight but wonder if best to get report as probably things in there to complain about too so wonder if 2 complaints would be seen as too much so is it better to wait ?

sorry for the long rant its just so awful that erghh its enough to make anyone go completely insane !!
thanks for any advice - also if they stop my pip as i now expect they will - when do they stop it from so i can be prepared - is it from date of assessment and if i get it back after appeal etc do they backdate it ( also will affect carer for a family member who will probably lose that too )

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
6 years 10 months ago #201389 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic Horrendous pip review advice please
Norman

Sorry it was so bad.

I would wait to make a complaint until you have sight of the report, that way you avoid potentially having to make a second complaint or amending the original one and you never know, it might actually be a good report.

You can request a copy of the report by contacting the DWP office dealing with your claim, I would wait until next week to do so,

PIP Decision are typically taking 2-4 weeks.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems
The following user(s) said Thank You: norman21

More
6 years 10 months ago #202057 by norman21
Replied by norman21 on topic Horrendous pip review advice please
Hi

advice please - i have now got copy of report so can you suggest best course of action

looks like will probably still get basic rate care ( think 8 points ) but down from 11 and also in categories that dont appy to me ?

so want to complain about report as so inaccurate and ignored most medical evidence etc but as will probably still get an award - is this risky should i be honest and point out where they gave 2 points for something that does not apply as dont like being dishonest but if i do i lost it all ?
but then they suggest 2 year review so review in year so going to be going through it all again soon anyway

would you suggest complaint to atos and to dwp pointing out all inaccuracies etc as the report is just full of rubbish even though it looks i will probably just about scrape though with something but feel if accept it its so wrong it will just make things worse this time next year as they have made it appear i have been cured of lots of things ergh !!

thanks for any advice

More
6 years 10 months ago #202087 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic Horrendous pip review advice please
Norman

There's no good answer to this.

First of all, do you think you should be receiving more than a Standard award. If not, then is there any value complaining when doing so may impact on you getting that Standard award?

Complaining to just the Assessment Provider probably won't effect the award unless the report is withdrawn when it might, if you think that points have been awarded for areas that you would not expect to score in then there is every chance of you losing these without your scoring in those areas you expected.

Complaining to the DWP will have no effect, they see assessment issues as being the responsibility of the Assessment Provider.

Unfortunately, it is often a case of taking what you can get with PIP.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems
The following user(s) said Thank You: norman21

More
6 years 10 months ago #202139 by norman21
Replied by norman21 on topic Horrendous pip review advice please
I do think i should get more than just standard care as have severe chronic conditions and would not be able to cope without care from family, cant drive and struggle with even simple things _ i was so stressed last time i just took standard care as was better than nothing but have got much worse since then and couldn't fight after getting offer on mr
But do feel mentally more up to a fight this time due to their horrendous treatment so feel will try to fight as they have ignored medical evidence but thanks for advice i will try and battle on with it

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserChrisDavid
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.