× Members

ESA TO UC

More
6 years 10 months ago #202104 by Maxpain
ESA TO UC was created by Maxpain
Hi,
After being assessed fit to work Iam now on UC to seek work. Is it true that I cannot claim ESA (soon to be all under UC name) again with the same condition (Unless it get worse). If so for how long for-or cannot claim ESA again with the same condition...?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
6 years 10 months ago #202116 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic ESA TO UC

Maxpain wrote: Hi,
After being assessed fit to work Iam now on UC to seek work. Is it true that I cannot claim ESA (soon to be all under UC name) again with the same condition (Unless it get worse). If so for how long for-or cannot claim ESA again with the same condition...?

OK so this is a bit complicated as you are in a UC area.

If you want to claim ESA(CB) again, known as New ESA in a UC area, then you will need to show a deterioration in your existing conditions or a new condition, likely to result in an award. Depending on what you report, the ESA Assessment rate may be payable before a Decision is made, it is at the discretion of a Decision Maker.

If you want to claim ESA(IR) (no longer the right terminology for UC) then you should be able to as part of your UC claim as it will be treated as a first claim. You will need a new Fit Note and will need to ask to be assessed for Limited Capability for Work.

If this "UC" claim fails then you are back in to the same situation as a claim for ESA(CB)/New ESA above.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

More
6 years 10 months ago #202152 by Maxpain
Replied by Maxpain on topic ESA TO UC
Thanks Gordon.
Does that mean I can make a claim for the Same condition under new UC ESA(IR) OR (CB) Then..? (I Thought there was a time limit around of around 18 months before being able to return to ESA with new or same condition.?) Also isnt it true that even when on UC jobseeking I can have around 10 weeks of illness With fit note-still signing-then having a "light touch" from jobseeking until back to full health.?)

More
6 years 10 months ago #202169 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic ESA TO UC
Maxpain

So as I said in my previous post, if you want to make another claim for ESA(CB) then you will need a new condition or your existing ones to have worsened.

You can make a new claim for "ESA(IR)" under UC as the legislation links back to a previous claim under UC, not ESA.

There used to be a six month rule, this has now been revoked.

You can only have four weeks of sickness under UC.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems
The following user(s) said Thank You: Maxpain

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserChrisDavid
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.