× Members

PIP Continuation

More
6 years 9 months ago #202747 by poppet17
PIP Continuation was created by poppet17
I have been awarded PIP until 2020 when I will be 66 years old in the July - Do the old rules apply as for DLA? Once you are this age PIP will automatically continue without further assessment? Or will I have to be reassessed?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
6 years 9 months ago #202755 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic PIP Continuation

poppet17 wrote: I have been awarded PIP until 2020 when I will be 66 years old in the July - Do the old rules apply as for DLA? Once you are this age PIP will automatically continue without further assessment? Or will I have to be reassessed?

I'm afraid the whole ethos of PIP is regular reassessment, so as long as you receive a fixed term award then you should expect to be reassessed even if you pass State Retirement Age. This is no different from what would have happened under DLA with a fixed length award.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserChrisDavid
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.