× Members

Rearranging a PIP assessment: advice please!

More
6 years 6 months ago #202959 by IreneB
This morning, I had a letter from Capita to let me know that my PIP assessment would be on Friday 22nd Dec at 4.55pm (Happy Christmas). We have arranged to stay with family for a week from Tuesday 19th, and they live more than 200 miles away. I rang Capita to ask for a change of appointment and they said that they could not book a new appointment today "because of the weather". They said I could either cancel and be sent another appointment, or ring again tomorrow to be re-booked. I asked whether the replacement appointment could take into account my availability, and the call handler was vague, to say the least.

1 Do you know whether I will have a choice about the second date when I ring to "cancel" the appointment?
2 I think I've read online that Capita can only book appointments within the following 2 weeks. Is this correct?

Depending on answers to the 2 questions, I may delay cancelling until the day before the appointment (21st). That feels a bit impolite, but may be the best way to get a convenient date for the assessment. However, if I ring them tomorrow, I would be more than willing to accept a short notice appointment up to Monday 18th.

Your advice will be welcomed.

PS I've had an indefinite DLA / mobility award for over 28 years.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
6 years 6 months ago #202970 by Gordon
Irene

I would delay contacting Capita until the day before the current appointment anyway, that way any replacement appointment will be the other side of Xmas.

If you rearrange the appointment while on the phone then you will have some choice over the date, time and location. They normally don't book further out than three weeks, I'm afraid I don't know if Xmas will effect this.

If you just cancel the appointment, then a new one will be entirely down to Capita.

Whatever you do, be aware that you must attend the new appointment whenever and wherever it is or you risk your claim being closed.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems
The following user(s) said Thank You: IreneB

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.