× Members

Esa

More
6 years 4 months ago #203393 by Raquel
Esa was created by Raquel
Hi, after 3months and dreading an envelope drop on the door mat. 3 letters arrive together! Typical. I sent in my esa renewal in sep. Letters arrived 16th Dec! 1 app 4 medical booked 4 2 days time!! The other letters were 4 a medical in Jan then other letter said its postponed. My doc wrote a letter wich I sent wiv forms. Askin 4 a home assement or paper assement. They didn't listen 2 that. They expect me now 2 travel 1hr in a taxi. My 1st assessment was bac in 2014. I hav cronic arthritis nearly everywhere. Ibs anxiety. My app is now 19th Jan. I told them it's goin 2 cause me more pain n discomfort. Shal I write 2 my doc again? I've bin awared pip until 2021. I hav disabled badge. My condition has got worse. Any advice as 2 wot 2 do plse thanku.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
6 years 4 months ago #203394 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic Esa
Raquel

If they have offered you a taxi as transport then it suggests that your GP letter only suggested that you would have problems with attending at their offices rather than your being unable to do so.

If this is the case then you can try and get a more specific statement from your GP that you cannot attend.

Have you confirmed that the appointment is now on the 19th?

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

More
6 years 4 months ago #203402 by Raquel
Replied by Raquel on topic Esa
Hi, yes it's now booked 4 19th jan. They payed 4 a taxi 3yrs ago. I havent booked a taxi as yet. Was finkin of writing a letter 2 my doc. Asking him 4 a more detailed letter. He has already put in a letter that I hav everyday difficulty wiv day 2 day activities . Cronic arthritis, anxiety wiv ibs wil cause me more stress which was stated in a letter. Trouble is I c any doc at my surgery. Was finkin of gettin it taped aswel. I scored 10 points 4 mobility on pip shld of scored more. The lady said I didn't hav trouble planing journeys. Wich I do a complete lie. I asked then 2 look again. They didn't change their discision. Im in support group of esa. Thanks

More
6 years 4 months ago #203410 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic Esa
Raquel

If you want the assessment recorded then you will need to provide the equipment.

|You need permission in advance from the Assessment Provider to make the recording.

It needs to be made to two tapes of CDs simultaneously.

You cannot use a digital recorder such as a mobile phone.

Someone has today reported problems is the media is not new, so make sure that the tapes or CDs are still shrink wrapped and opened in the presence of the assessor.

You need to give one of the recordings to the assessor.

Most members have used two relatively cheap cassette recorders, check that they record without problem, some have used external microphones.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

More
6 years 4 months ago #203412 by Raquel
Thanks 4 ur info. U wil contact my gp n go fr there. Thanks again.

More
6 years 3 months ago #205253 by Raquel
Jus an update. Wrote again 2 my gp. A more detailed letter was sent 2 assesment centre. Again I received a letter 4 an appointment 6th feb. Wen phoned 2 quiry it, I was told that app had been cancelled. 3rd time. On the system I was told that they had approved a home visit. No date as yet. Hopin they wil refer bac 2 dwp wivout assement. Wil keep u posted. Thanks.

Moderators: GordonlatetrainBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.