× Members

Pip home assassmemt

More
6 years 8 months ago #206554 by Jacq
Pip home assassmemt was created by Jacq
Hi,
Could you please tell me what to expect on home assessment. It's my boyfriend who pip was due for a renewal.he didn't request home assessment but they have sent appointment for home visit. His last one was at a centre .
Thanks

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
6 years 8 months ago #206572 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic Pip home assassmemt

Jacq wrote: Hi,
Could you please tell me what to expect on home assessment. It's my boyfriend who pip was due for a renewal.he didn't request home assessment but they have sent appointment for home visit. His last one was at a centre .
Thanks

A home assessment is not significantly different from those carried out at the Assessment Provider's office, the PIP Claim guide has a section that covers this and the questions likely to be asked.

www.benefitsandwork.co.uk/help-for-claimants/pip

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

More
6 years 8 months ago #206804 by Jacq
Replied by Jacq on topic Pip home assassmemt
Thanks for your reply.
Could you please tell me how they assess you walking on home visits,and do they ask to look at adaptions and aids.

More
6 years 8 months ago #206810 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic Pip home assassmemt

Jacq wrote: Thanks for your reply.
Could you please tell me how they assess you walking on home visits,and do they ask to look at adaptions and aids.

They may ask yo to walk in your house, however if this would cause you unreasonable pain or distress, then you can refuse but explain to the assessor why your are doing so.

I would not expect them to ask to see any aids of adaptions that you have.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems
The following user(s) said Thank You: Jacq

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserChrisDavid