× Members

PIP reassessmsnt

More
6 years 8 months ago #206780 by JELLYTOT
PIP reassessmsnt was created by JELLYTOT
I am asking for a reassessment on my pip decision.I rang dwp to start it and when I asked what do i need to do now I was just told to write to the address on the letter. How do I present my request? Do I just list my misgivings and give details, as there were many lies and incorrect statements on my decision latter.not sure how to present it!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
6 years 8 months ago #206797 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic PIP reassessmsnt
J

Welcome to the forum, you might want to have a look at the following FAQ which explain where everything is

Welcome to Benefits and Work

In case you are not aware, your real name appears to be showing in the forum, if you want to change this then follow the instructions in the following FAQ

My full name is showing, how can I stop it?

Start by having a look at PIP MR & Appeal guide, see

www.benefitsandwork.co.uk/help-for-claimants/pip

There is a template letter that you can use to request the MR in the Submission PDF also in the PIP area.

You should contact the DWP for a copy of the assessment report if you have not already done so, I would phone them but again follow up the request in writing. Once you have the assessment report you will have a better understanding of how the DWP Decision Maker has come to their conclusions and will then be able to argue against them.

Your primary task is to show that you meet the criteria, there are many reasons you may have failed, you need to address each of these but don't get bogged down in criticising the assessment report unless you can clearly show that it is incorrect.

If you have any specific questions then please reply to this post and we will do our best to help.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

More
6 years 8 months ago #206824 by JELLYTOT
Replied by JELLYTOT on topic PIP reassessmsnt
Thank you. I have received my assessment report and there blatant lies in it. One of which states I was able to sit throughout assessment. I wasn't and had to get up and move around to prevent stiffening. So do i now just write my thoughts and claims and post it off to them?

More
6 years 8 months ago #206850 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic PIP reassessmsnt
J

Don't ignore the report if there are clear discrepancies then you should comment on them but understand you will only receive an award by your showing that you meet the criteria for one, so go back to your PIP2, our PIP Claim guide and the assessment report to make sure that you have met the legally defined criteria contained in the PIP Descriptors and if you haven't re-explain your problems as part of your MR.

Remember as well that you need to be able to complete the activities "reliably" and "on the majority of days".

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems
The following user(s) said Thank You: JELLYTOT

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserChrisDavid