× Members

UPDATING THE ESA50 PRIOR TO A MEDICAL ASSESSMENT

More
6 years 2 months ago #209340 by Toyota
Hello. I would be grateful for some advice. I put in a claim for ESA about last May last year. I have yet to have a medical assessment, I had an appointment booked but cancelled it due to the fact that having read through my ESA50 form, it didn't reflect my condition accurately enough and I didn't think it would hold up my case well should I need to go to appeal. The form was filled in by a CAB advisor whom I have later come to doubt. Having discussed this with another advisor they suggested that I complete a new ESA50, call the DWP to end the current claim and start a new one on the basis that my health condition has worsened (I have a long term chronic illness) and submit this new ESA50 to them.

So having completed the ESA50 (which took me over a month) apart from gathering medical evidence I am about to give them a call. Meanwhile a new appointment has come through for a medical assessment.

Any advice or guidance welcomed please.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
6 years 2 months ago #209361 by Gordon
Toyota

I'm not sure that I see a need to close your claim and make a new one, you can send the new ESA50 to Maximus and the DWP as a replacement for the one you filled in last year.

Do you think that you would qualify for the Support Group? If you do then starting a new claim would mean that you would lose out on any back payment from last year that would be due.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems
The following user(s) said Thank You: Toyota

More
6 years 2 months ago #209394 by Toyota
Hello Gordon and thanks for your reply. Thats what I thought about back payments (if I qualify). Plus I'd rather get the medical assessment over with than wait another year to go through the system again! Would love to hear from anyone else who has had a similar experience.

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris