× Members

PIP at state pension age?

More
6 years 2 months ago #209618 by Lol57
PIP at state pension age? was created by Lol57
Can anyone tell me what happens to PIP when you reach state pension age please?
I have just been awarded PIP until 2022, which is the year that I reach 65, but I don't receive state pension until I'm 66 in 2023. Do I continue receiving PIP after age 65? or do I have to apply for a different benefit?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
6 years 2 months ago #209666 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic PIP at state pension age?

pigsick wrote: Can anyone tell me what happens to PIP when you reach state pension age please?
I have just been awarded PIP until 2022, which is the year that I reach 65, but I don't receive state pension until I'm 66 in 2023. Do I continue receiving PIP after age 65? or do I have to apply for a different benefit?

As long as you continue to meet the criteria for a PIP award then you can continue to receive PIP past the age of 65, however, be aware once you reach 65 any mobility award that you have cannot be increased, even if you meet the criteria.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.