× Members

Contributory based ESA only?

More
6 years 2 months ago #209620 by Lilly8789
Contributory based ESA only? was created by Lilly8789
Hello,
I requested application forms for ESA some weeks ago. I’ve since been granted contributory based ESA and am waiting my first assessment. In the meantime I’ve been sent the form asking about my illness.
However no one has mentioned income based ESA or even asked me about income and/or savings in person or on any form. Do they ask these questions later on? Or can I only get contributory based ESA and not also income based ESA? (My income and savings are under £6,000)

Thanks so much

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
6 years 2 months ago #209669 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic Contributory based ESA only?
Lilly

There is a tick box on the ESA1 that you complete that asks for your claim to be treated as Contribution Based only, did you tick this.

Even if you did not and competed the form with your financial information, ESA(CB) is always paid if the claimant is eligible. At this stage in the process, unless it is a joint claim or your qualify for one or more of the ESA Premiums, then the ESA(CB) rate is the same as the ESA(IR) one.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

More
6 years 2 months ago #209683 by Lilly8789
Replied by Lilly8789 on topic Contributory based ESA only?
Thank you so much.
No, I didn't tick the box. However I fear I won't get any Income related ESA bcos I've not been sent any other form with questions asking about my financial situation. The only other form I've been sent is an ESA 60 and that didn't ask about my finances at all.
I'm so confused
Thank you again

More
6 years 2 months ago #209686 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic Contributory based ESA only?
Lilly

The ESA1 you say you completed asks about your financial situation, did you not complete these sections?

The ESA50 asks about the problems you have as a result of your illnesses or disabilities.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

More
6 years 2 months ago #209691 by Lilly8789
Replied by Lilly8789 on topic Contributory based ESA only?
Gosh thank you SO much I'll go back and double check what happened!
Thank you :)

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.