× Members

waiting time

More
6 years 2 months ago #209633 by andyroo
waiting time was created by andyroo
Hi, I have lived in Spain for ten years now. I am 67 years old and am on DLA. I received a form January 2017 asking if I wanted to claim PIP. I said yes, answered the questions and filled in the form when it arrived (late February). I heard nothing for a while then told I had to attend a medical in Albacete which is over an hours drive from where I live. It was a cursary interview lasting maybe fifteen minutes on top of which they would not allow my interpreter into the interview. This was in September. I was informed in October that the DWP had received the transcribe of the interview and would be making a decision in due course. I phoned in January this year to see what was happening as we sometimes have post go missing. I was told it was still in the hands of the decision makers. Since then nothing. Is this usual to wait for so long? If I had not been claiming DLA I would be sitting with no benefit which I need to live a normal life. Was it right that I should have been denied an interpreter? Anything I can do or do I sit back and wait? Sorry this is so long winded. Andyroo

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
6 years 2 months ago #209684 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic waiting time
andyroo

Your DLA will remain in payment until four weeks after a Decision is made on your PIP claim.

Not being allowed an interpreter would certainly be an argument that you can make if the Decision is not what you expect.

I'm afraid there is little that you do to hasten the process as the normal routes I would suggest to a member are not available to you in Spain.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems
The following user(s) said Thank You: andyroo

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.