× Members

ESA(CB) Reclaim

More
6 years 2 months ago #209639 by Gary56
ESA(CB) Reclaim was created by Gary56
We would be very grateful for your advice about ESA(CB) Reclaim.

Timeline

2006-2016
IB (Medical exempt) & ESA (CB) Support Group (Including 2 successful appeals) my wife's condition is lifelong chronic and slowly progressive and has been throughout.

Aug – ESA Stopped & appeal submitted
Dec – Tribunal adjourned (For further evidence)

Aug – Tribunal not entitled result. (There was a DWP rep in attendance and it was like a 45 minute WCA)
Oct – Reclaim allowed.

Feb -We received two letters;

First letter stating that they had looked at all the information they have and will continue to pay ESA. Placing her back in the support group and also stating that they will not request any further WCA.

Second letter stating that they cannot pay ESA(CB) because she has not paid enough NI contributions. (The tax years they looked at she was in the support group throughout not being capable of work)

Both letters were dated the same, the good news was received a day before the not so good.

I submitted a mandatory reconsideration and was informed by the decision maker on the phone that the two claims are not linked (over three months) even though we made the reclaim within three months of the tribunal result. Also that the NI test is correct.

I am waiting for written confirmation, with the intention of appealing & submitting a formal complaint.
We would be very grateful for any advice & guidance you can give.

Many thanks.

PS My wife was rewarded PIP this January, enhanced rate for both components

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
6 years 2 months ago #209692 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic ESA(CB) Reclaim
Gary

Just so I am clear the Tribunal upheld the Decision that your wife waa Fit for Work, she then made a new claim for ESA in October, I assume due to a new condition or a deterioration in your existing ones.

If this is the case then the DWP Decision is correct and she are not entitled to ESA(CB) as she will have not acquired any NI Contributions in the Tax Years 2014-15 and 2015-16. ESA and IB only pays NI Credits!

If the above is not the case then can you explain what you mean by "reclaim allowed" in October 2017?

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

More
6 years 2 months ago #209706 by Gary56
Replied by Gary56 on topic ESA(CB) Reclaim
Hi Gordon
Thank you for your reply.

Yes the Tribunal upheld the decision that my wife was fit for work even though the evidence stated the conditions are chronic life long and slowly progressive.
Sorry it should have read repeat claim, not re claim.
We had to provide evidence that of a new condition and the existing conditions had got substantially worse before they would issue the ESA 50.

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.