× Members

moving

More
6 years 2 months ago #209943 by jeff
moving was created by jeff
Hello,
Can anyone tell me what happens when i move home to a different area which is a universal credit area, i currently receive housing benefit and enhanced employment support allowance, if i move in with my partner who is working part time and receiving housing benefit will my eesa be affected. I hope i have explained properly.

thanks
j

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
6 years 2 months ago #209991 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic moving
Jeff

The first question is whether you ESA is Income Related or Contribution Based or combination of the two?

If any of your ESA is ESA(IR) then you will have to claim as a couple, this will not require a claim for UC. However, you say your partner is working, whilst your ESA will be increased to the couples rate, any income they have will be deducted, although there is a disregard, also, if they work for 24 or more hours a week then your ESA(IR) payments will stop.

There HB may be effected.

I would put your joint information into one of the online benefit calculators to see what you might receive.

www.gov.uk/benefits-calculators

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems
The following user(s) said Thank You: jeff

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.