× Members

I now have my DLA to PIP moving letter.......

More
6 years 2 months ago #209949 by Bobajob
So the day has come Mr Postie has dropped the brown envelope saying I'm moving on to PIP if i want to claim it i have a couple of weeks to do so, now about 18 months ago my local CAB sent some info around and said when this letter comes through, ring them up and say yes i want to claim PIP then some time later (anyone have any idea how long) half a forest will end up in my flat in the form of a PIP application/questionaire, then i should contact the CAB asking for help in filling it in.
Firstly do i have the above right?
Secondly how much of a nightmare is the questionaire, if i remember rightly the old DLA seemed to be full of tricks trying to catch you out all the time.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
6 years 2 months ago #209997 by Gordon
Bobajob

The letter should give you a date by which you need to start a claim for PIP, I'm afraid I can't comment on the CAB and what they might do but there have been significant cuts to CAB services so you may not be able to make use of their services.

The criteria for PIP is significantly different from that for DLA, so that probably makes the form more complicated.

Have a read of our PIP Claim guide for more details about the process and criteria you will need to meet.

www.benefitsandwork.co.uk/help-for-claimants/pip

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems
The following user(s) said Thank You: Bobajob

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.