× Members

Can I apply for PIP whilst waiting for appeal?

More
6 years 2 months ago #209959 by Alijoy226
My PIP was stopped in November 2017 - I was told at an assessment that although my condition hadn’t changed the “rules” had. I asked for a mandatory reconsideration but the decision still remained a no. Because I suffer from anxiety and depression I did not see the point in appealing as I felt all hope was lost. However I did speak to someone at the CAB who advised to me to appeal (even though I was out of the 30 day appeal period) and she helped me complete the necessary paperwork. That was back in January 2018 and I still haven’t received any information telling me if my appeal will be accepted or not.
I am finding it extremely hard to cope financially without my PIP payment and was wondering if I could either make a new PIP claim whilst waiting to hear about my appeal or if there is anything else I can claim in the meantime. I am in the ESA support group so I still get that but I am struggling financially.
Any advice would be much appreciated as now I am constantly worrying about the amount of debt I am getting into.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
6 years 2 months ago #210007 by Gordon
A

Welcome to the forum, you might want to have a look at the following FAQ which explain where everything is

Welcome to Benefits and Work

In case you are not aware, your real name appears to be showing in the forum, if you want to change this then follow the instructions in the following FAQ

My full name is showing, how can I stop it?

You should contact the Tribunal Service, you should have received a response from them with 10-14 days of your requesting the appeal.

www.gov.uk/courts-tribunals/first-tier-t...ty-and-child-support

scroll down to bottom for contact numbers..

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.