× Members

CAN ANYONE HELP PLEASE!!

More
6 years 2 months ago #209999 by Debmar58
CAN ANYONE HELP PLEASE!! was created by Debmar58
My husband is in remission at the minute from prostate cancer which has left him with a very over active bladder while having the scans for the cancer they found he has a degenerative back condtion which hasn't really been looked into due to the cancer he's also under working age dementia for assessment he has OT support at the minute as he's struggling to walk.
He's not worked for over two years he gets ESA and mobility PIP we get no other benefits (on paper he still has a job) my concern at this time is that when he didn't get the care side of PIP we were told that the whole claim would be looked into and we could loose the mobility side as this is his life line we didn't reclaim.
A year later he's worse and all the services we speak to cannot believe he doesn't get PIP we have never been in this situation he's always worked and now we face loosing our home i only work part time as I've never needed to work full time. Maggie our local cancer support group helped fill in the PIP form last time I just don't know what to do we are again at the Drs this afternoon as he's struggling to walk his legs arms hands are all swollen I have to dispense his medication as he would forget to take them he struggles to get dressed on his own and access the bath and shower..... can anyone help i just don't know what to do.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
6 years 2 months ago #210037 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic CAN ANYONE HELP PLEASE!!
Debmar

Welcome to the forum, you might want to have a look at the following FAQ which explain where everything is

Welcome to Benefits and Work

As his conditions have deteriorated you can ask for his claim to be reassessed but before you do this you need confirm that he would reasonably meet the criteria for an award of the Daily Living component, Have a look at our PIP Claim guide for the criteria.

www.benefitsandwork.co.uk/help-for-claimants/pip

Contacting the DWP will result in a full reassessment of his claim, a new PIP2 and almost certainly a face to face assessment, the resulting Decision will supersede his existing PIP award.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.