× Members

PIP assessment

More
6 years 2 months ago #210023 by Suzieg
PIP assessment was created by Suzieg
Hi, just wanted let people know of my experience with my PIP assessment, which I had last Thursday. It was one of the worst experiences of my life it's put me 10 years behind I feel desolate and despondent, my anxiety are heightened to near panic attacks, I haven't left my home since Thursday. I should of known it wasn't going to be good I'd been unwell for the last 2 months I happened to mention this and the reply was "save it for the doctor later" I naively thought I was going to see a doctor after. I realise now that she was just being nasty , she twisted a lot that I said and repeatedly asked me the same question until I changed my reply by the end I was just agreeing with her to get out of the room. During the assessment it became clear she didn't know what my condition was , I had a stroke and was left with left sided Homonymous Hemiatopia , which means I'm partially sighted. It through me a lot when she said " I can't believe the hospital didn't give you an operation on your eyes or laser treatment! " which I replied how could they it happened in my head . Also the sight test was totally inappropriate for my condition it was a bog standard test you use to get at school i.e reading letters from a board. I had an indefinite DLA award for last 10 years, which I fought for and won , I feel all these years that I have tried to make a reasonable life for myself have just been flushed down the toilet .

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
6 years 2 months ago #210045 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic PIP assessment
Suzieg

Although you may be right to be concerned we have seen the worst assessment result in the highest award.

You should be able to request a copy of your assessment report by contacting the DWP office dealing with your claim.

Decisions are taking 2-4 weeks on average.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

More
6 years 2 months ago #210068 by Suzieg
Replied by Suzieg on topic PIP assessment
Thank you Gordon, I just feel it's awful for people to be treated like this regardless what award they get , I'm so pleased I had my sight guide with me as a witness even she felt uncomfortable in the way I was questioned, when I said it's difficult for me to meet friends, she pointed at my sight guide, who is a paid to do that, she answered "well you have her" . Thanks for replying .

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.