× Members

ESA reassessment & ESA113

More
6 years 2 months ago #210057 by pewtersuitor
ESA reassessment & ESA113 was created by pewtersuitor
Hi there, just to let anyone who is going through their ESA reassessment process my story so far:
I have a degenerative neurological disease and in receipt of ESA (SG) since 2011 with no f2f . Reassessed 2011,no f2f stayed in support group with prognosis for reassessment in 2015. Review deferred in 2015 to 2017 due to back log.

I received a new ESA50 in April 2017, completed (using the excellent guides on here)and sent it with supporting medical evidence that I have used before. Not much up to date evidence was available as my condition can’t be cured as it is a case of managing symptoms.
Since last June I have been in regular contact with Maximus for updates on the status of my reassessment, only to be told numerous times that my review was in a back log. I have telephoned Maximus today and they have told me I have to have a face to face assessment and they are waiting on an appointment slot.

I telephoned my GP surgery to see if an ESA113 had been sent to them by Maximus. The receptionist could see that a request from Maximus had been made on 21st March, but could not tell me if it had been completed and sent back. The receptionist informed me that I would need to speak to the surgery manager tomorrow.

The GP surgery has been taken over during the past 12 months and I have not seen the same GP twice. My concern is that the ESA113 has been completed on my records alone by a GP that does not know me or how my disability affects my ability to work.
I will phone back tomorrow and see if it has been completed and sent back to Maximus , if it has i’ll request a copy.

I would advise anyone who is going through, or due to be reassessed not to assume that if you have had paper based decision previously that you will next time. Also the length of time it has taken my reassessment to get to this stage – I have been in a heightened state of anxiety for 12 months over this review and most of 2016 for my DLA to PIP transfer.

Sorry for the ramble, thanks for taking the time to read this - just feeling very low and anxious at the moment.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Gordon

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.