× Members

ESA Medical

More
6 years 2 months ago #210106 by MJ105
ESA Medical was created by MJ105
Can anyone give me an idea of the wait time between the DWP receiving the completed ESA50 form and sending out an appointment for the medical.

Many thanks

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
6 years 2 months ago #210122 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic ESA Medical

MJ105 wrote: Can anyone give me an idea of the wait time between the DWP receiving the completed ESA50 form and sending out an appointment for the medical.

Many thanks

Best guess from comments in the forum is 6-9 months although there are some areas where the delays are not as long, city centres seem to be better resourced.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems
The following user(s) said Thank You: MJ105

More
6 years 2 months ago #210158 by agmlfc72
Replied by agmlfc72 on topic ESA Medical

Gordon wrote:

MJ105 wrote: Can anyone give me an idea of the wait time between the DWP receiving the completed ESA50 form and sending out an appointment for the medical.

Many thanks

Best guess from comments in the forum is 6-9 months although there are some areas where the delays are not as long, city centres seem to be better resourced.

Gordon

Yep, keeping with tradition the Bootle Medical Centre which deals with the Liverpool area have always been pretty quick (In my and one other person I know experience), I got my appointment letter today but dated last Friday which was exactly 5 weeks after they received my reassessment esa50.

One other thing maybe newsworthy I did a bit of googleing about the ESA113 which is sent out to GPs and Maximus have quietly been increasing the amount of times they get requested (Would be useful in my case I think/hope!). A written question asked to a DWP minister by Inverness MP Drew Hendry on 29th January 2018 and replied upon on 1st February;

'To ask the Secretary of State for Work and Pensions, how many ESA113 forms were processed by his Department in (a) 2017, (b) 2016, (c) 2015.'

The reply by Sarah Newton MP;
'The Department does not process ESA113 forms these are issued by the Assessment Provider. The volume of ESA113 forms issued by the Assessment Provider for (a) 2017, (b) 2016, (c) 2015 is set out in the table below:

Year Volume of ESA113 forms requested
2017 610,457
2016 500,253
2015 209,943

www.parliament.uk/business/publications/...=commons&member=4467
The following user(s) said Thank You: Gordon

More
6 years 2 months ago #210172 by chris
Replied by chris on topic ESA Medical
From memory when I first claimed it took five months. Two and a half years later I have just had another ESA50 to fill in recently so I expect to be called up for another assessment before the summer

More
6 years 2 months ago #210592 by Amber
Replied by Amber on topic ESA Medical
I got mine within a week of returning the form.

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.