× Members

Home Visit

More
6 years 2 months ago #210180 by ShaunMc
Home Visit was created by ShaunMc
Hi Team,

I received a letter on Monday saying that my Assessment would be done at my home address this coming monday. Besides Stage 3 Heart failure, i have bi polar disorder, and the letter has sparked some chronic anxiety. My question is what to expect, and can i refer to my intial how disability affects you booklet, as my memory and recall can be really bad?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
6 years 2 months ago #210208 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic Home Visit

ShaunMc wrote: Hi Team,

I received a letter on Monday saying that my Assessment would be done at my home address this coming monday. Besides Stage 3 Heart failure, i have bi polar disorder, and the letter has sparked some chronic anxiety. My question is what to expect, and can i refer to my intial how disability affects you booklet, as my memory and recall can be really bad?

You don't actually mention the benefit but I assume this is for PIP. Our PIP claim has sections on the assessment and the questions you are likely to be asked.

www.benefitsandwork.co.uk/help-for-claimants/pip

Home assessments are not significantly different from those done at the Assessment Providers offices, you can choose where the interview is held. I would recommend you try and have someone with you if at all possible.

Yes you can refer to your claim form, just make sure that if you do then you explain why you are doing so.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems
The following user(s) said Thank You: ShaunMc

More
6 years 2 months ago #210231 by ShaunMc
Replied by ShaunMc on topic Home Visit
Sorry, i should have said moving from DLA to PIP. My head is very forgetful as i encouter these episodes, but thank you for your reply. i have joined the site, and looked at the guides, but could not find anything about having a copy of my own application to hand. Thanks again. Really helpful site. Much appreciated.

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.