× Members

just recieved the dreaded PIP form

More
6 years 2 months ago #210567 by Laddie
just recieved the dreaded PIP form was created by Laddie
Please forgive if i'm doing this all wrong but first time using forum! I'm supporting a friend with his PIP claim. He is currently in receipt of DLA . We made the initial telephone claim for PIP last week. He's not good on the phone so I did most of it. So we've just been waiting for him to get 'the dreaded PIP form' . . hence joining this thread . . instead of which, he has just texted me to say he has received a letter saying:
'Thank you for your recent request for us to use your current DLA medical evidence. We have obtained your DLA filebut no current medical evidence was present therefore no medical evidencehas been forwarded to PIPS benefit centre. You can however send in copies of any further evidence you already have and this will be considered in your claim to PIP.'
This makes no sense on so many levels, not least that he has not yet actually made a claim for PIP (has he?! ) if he hasn't completed the 'dreaded PIP form??? Being fairly well-acquainted with DWP shenanigans and having treated your guides as the Bible over the years and especially with regard to helping with what is already feeling like my friend's 'nightmare PIP journey, I wonder if you have any idea what they're up to? and how should we respond. Many thanks for your patience in this.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
6 years 2 months ago #210572 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic just recieved the dreaded PIP form
J

Welcome to the forum, you might want to have a look at the following FAQ which explain where everything is

Welcome to Benefits and Work

In case you are not aware, your real name appears to be showing in the forum, if you want to change this then follow the instructions in the following FAQ

My full name is showing, how can I stop it?

I have moved your post to it's own topic, we ask members not to post their questions in other member's topics as it can lead to the wrong advice being given or taken.

If they have made then initial phone call then they have started their PIP claim!

The DWP are not up to anything, they are simply saying that they have looked in your friends DLA file and there is no current letters or reports that can be used as evidence/

When was their last DLA assessment?

We always recommend PIP claimants submit their own evidence rather than relying on the DWP to source it, that way they know what is included and they can integrate it in to their answers on the PIP2.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

More
6 years 2 months ago #210577 by Laddie
Replied by Laddie on topic just recieved the dreaded PIP form
Thank you for this Gordon. Last DLA assessment and medical evidence 2013. He will get up-to-date medical evidence from GP, psychiatrist and CPN, plus possibly other supporting evidence to send with completed PIP claim form. It was just rather disconcerting to get that letter . . I don't remember anything being said about it in the phone call or reading about that possibly happening in the Bible!! But all is well, thank you so much again.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Gordon

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.