× Members

Confused about ESA disability premiums

More
6 years 2 months ago #210692 by nick h.
I can't find a download which explains this subject. Apologies if I haven't looked properly.

I've just got my PIP award letter which says that (following my successful appeal) I'm getting Enhanced Daily Living and Enhanced Mobility, backdated to May 2017. It says I may be entitled to extra ESA but I should contact the office which issues it to find out. I had assumed it would be calculated and paid automatically. Prior to the appeal I was on Standard Daily Living and I'd like to check whether I was getting the ESA I was entitled to. I've been getting £376 twice a month.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
6 years 2 months ago #210697 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic Confused about ESA disability premiums
Nick

I assume you are in the Support Group and have no partner

So you current ESA payment every two weeks is £188 and is comprised of the following

- Personal Allowance (£73.10)
- Support Group (£36.55)
- Enhanced Disability Premium for being in the SG, appears as Disability Income Guarantee on your ESA Entitlement letters (£15.90)
- Severe Disability Premium appears as Because you are severely Disabled (£62.45)

See also

ESA Premiums

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems
The following user(s) said Thank You: nick h.

More
6 years 2 months ago #210792 by nick h.
Replied by nick h. on topic Confused about ESA disability premiums
Thanks again Gordon. Seems that I'm already getting everything that I could possibly ask for!

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.