× Members

Pip awarded but only 4 points on mobility

More
6 years 2 months ago #210693 by Sajada25
Hi there
I received my award letter today just about got my 8 points for standard rate care.
I only got 4 points on my mobility claim for moving around 50 metres and no more than 200.
I want to know if it's worth considering MR for the 4 points ?
I suffer with osteoarthritis in my knees and fingers also have cervical spondylosis in my neck.
My medication is tramadol, naproxen, amitriptyline, pregabalin and co- codamol and capsaicin cream.
I have been given crutches by my physiotherapist and I also use a walking stick.
Due to the medication I do not go out alone and always have someone with me due to anxiety .
I have been told by the orthapedic surgeon I will need surgery on both knees .

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
6 years 2 months ago #210698 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic Pip awarded but only 4 points on mobility
Dino

I can't answer this for you, think about how you can score the extra points.

If you can show that your walking is restricted to less than 50m then you would score 8 points.

You say you don't go out on your own without having someone with you, you may meet "Needs prompting to be able to undertake any journey to avoid overwhelming Psychological distress to the claimant" for 4 points.

Are either of these realistic?

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.