× Members

ESA Evidence in PIP review

More
6 years 5 months ago #210916 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic ESA Evidence in PIP review
OB

If you do not mention the areas that have got worse then you can't expect to score for them bit make sure that you understand the criteria, you don't want to mention a deterioration only to find that you don't meet the criteria to score.

If you do mention increased problems then evidence may be important. You don't just need to explain the deterioration you also need to confirm that your existing problems are still present, assessors and DMs lack imagination and tend to view information in very black and white terms, so you risk them just looking at the deterioration and not the original problems if you don't cover both of them.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems
The following user(s) said Thank You: Orangeblossom

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
6 years 5 months ago #211017 by Orangeblossom
Replied by Orangeblossom on topic ESA Evidence in PIP review
I guess i could tick no change (from original assessment which gave me many points) and then go into detail about the problems. "I still need..." and also say anything else which has changed including more medication etc. and then just hope they do paper based as previously. I'm still confused as to the different pints awarded by appeals and the different ones, in the original assessment. and the reasoning behind it. It seems to be mainly about 'no cognitive problems'- that was why they took them off the second time. Whereas the first assessor said more about being effected by medication and pain.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Gordon

More
6 years 5 months ago #211261 by Orangeblossom
Replied by Orangeblossom on topic ESA Evidence in PIP review
I rang them (PIP) to ask about next review and they said it was due and form in the post, the review form. (the lady helpfully said 'It's just a little form with little boxes on it') anyway it hasn;t arrived yet.

I wondered something - if they change my award from enhanced to standard, and I then appeal / MR the enhanced part, do they stop the whole award while it is appealed, or not? Thanks.

More
6 years 5 months ago #211280 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic ESA Evidence in PIP review

Orangeblossom wrote: I wondered something - if they change my award from enhanced to standard, and I then appeal / MR the enhanced part, do they stop the whole award while it is appealed, or not? Thanks.

If you have to appeal the Decision then you will continue to receive any award that have been made while you do this.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems
The following user(s) said Thank You: Orangeblossom

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserChrisDavid