× Members

Change in circumstances

More
6 years 5 months ago #211043 by Wendy
Change in circumstances was created by Wendy
Hi there my 30 year old son is on dla low rate for both help at home and whilst out and about. He was given this indefinite award when he was 10 years old. The award was giving at home with help with cooking a meal etc. Just lately he has started to take an interest in cooking and has just started to cook a few basic things himself. My question is does this mean I should inform DWP? He has been working full time for the last 5 years but feels guilty that he is claiming. My other question is if we informed DWP would they look at the whole claim and if so would they ask him to apply for PIP instead?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
6 years 5 months ago - 6 years 5 months ago #211058 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic Change in circumstances
Wendy

If this is the result of an improvement in his conditions or limitations then you are obligated to inform the DWP of the change, doing so will result in an invitation for him to claim PIP.

I am concerned that you say he has been working for some time and receives Lower Rate Mobility, this is generally awarded for claimants who are unable to leave their home.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems
Last edit: 6 years 5 months ago by Gordon.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserChrisDavid
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.