× Members

Universal Credit!

More
6 years 5 months ago #211056 by AlexG
Universal Credit! was created by AlexG
Hi

I am in the process of being moved onto U.C.

Have you any help with this benefit.

Thanks

P

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
6 years 5 months ago - 6 years 5 months ago #211068 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic Universal Credit!
Purp

If you are claiming UC and unable to work due to illness or disability, then our guides can provide support, but if you are claiming for other reasons then do not provide support on the forum for this.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems
Last edit: 6 years 5 months ago by Gordon.

More
6 years 5 months ago #211088 by AlexG
Replied by AlexG on topic Universal Credit!
Hi Gordon,

I have been in the support group for ESA for about a year. My circumstances have changed and now they are putting me onto UC. After all the hassle of medicals and everything they change it again!!!!
I'm on PIP, This is not effected with the UC.
( THANK GÒD) I don't think I could go thru all that again!!
It's is honestly like even the people who are doing the UC in the Job centre do not know how to do it either. After going thru it all online with a adviser and then going to the job centre and talking to the UC people in there and being told everything was ok, next time I went down for a "short meeting". I was told this was a "back to work" interview and they had nothing on my file about anything I had filled in online with my last 2 advisors. It truly was a near walk out situation and because THEY were in complete fault and I told them it was totally 100% there fault. The person got pissed about the way I told them and threatened to sanction me!! Honestly??? If you are on the support group then nothing should change at all and it should be a straight change over. Ehhhhh no!!!!
Anyway I was just wondering if you had started any form filling or anything like that so as I know what I am talking about at least!! This is going to be a nightmare for people, and it's that IDS that's to blame for it!!

Thanks

P

More
6 years 5 months ago #211091 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic Universal Credit!
Purp

Have you had to make a new claim for one of the other benefits that come under UC? This should be the only reason for a move to UC.

Your SG status should be migrated to UC without the need for assessment.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

More
6 years 5 months ago #211094 by AlexG
Replied by AlexG on topic Universal Credit!
Hi Gordon,

It was a change of circumstances, not any medical reasons. It should of been a straight forward change over, however they called me into the job centre after we did all the forms on line. Just for a identity thing and other silly stuff. I would have to come back in " for 5 minutes " then the person I sat down with had not a clue about my circumstances or my medical limitations and said it was a back to work interview 1 hour. At that point I had had enough and told them the facts ( support group, did not need a sick line, twice struggled into job centre and in bed the rest if the day Ill. ) told I was getting sanctioned if I did not calm down.

More
6 years 5 months ago #211109 by tinytim
Replied by tinytim on topic Universal Credit!
Hi Gordon im on contribution esa support group and an existing incapacity claiment as i am 60 years old and have a occuppational pension thats £77 a week do you know anything about universal credit as i was not entitled to income support due to my pension, the local council who deals with my housing and council tax told me not to worry as i may not go onto uc.

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserChrisDavid
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.