× Members

Carers Allowance and PIP

More
6 years 5 months ago #211061 by Tor1987
Carers Allowance and PIP was created by Tor1987
Hi all,
I’m awaiting my tribunal date for pip, I have long term (10years +) of anxiety, depression and PTSD, and currently on long term sick from my part time job.
My mandatory consideration notice mentioned about me receiving carers allowance so basically I can do everything I need to do.
This I do receive for my 10yr old daughter who has a developmental delay, but fact is my mum is constantly with me to help also or my daughter wouldn’t e able to stay home.
Any advice as to how I broach this with them during my appeal?
Victoria

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
6 years 5 months ago #211070 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic Carers Allowance and PIP
Victoria

You should be prepared to answer questions about the care you give, especially in regard to areas that you have problems in regard your PIP claim, for example; preparing food, washing and dressing, also that you are providing the 35 hours of care a week that is required for you to receive CA.

However. I would not raise the subject yourself as it will invite questions that otherwise might not be asked. Receiving CA and PIP is not a specific problem unless it directly contradicts the reasons you are claiming PIP in the first place.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserChrisDavid