× Members

We need to look at your claim letter *panic*

More
6 years 5 months ago #211074 by supermiff
I’m long term I’ll with various mental health issues and have been in the support group for several years. I was transferred from incap without a medical and was put in the SG after filling in an ESA50.
Iv heard absolutely nothing from them for around 6 years, not even a letter, until the other day. That famous brown letter dropped on my doormat and my anxiety levels peaked as my instant thought was “assesment”,” however, it felt to thin to be an ESA50.
I’m a little panicked as the letter says that they need to look into my claim all the way back to 2013 to see if I’m eligible for income based ESA. It says they will ring me to see if I have savings or have a partner with savings.
Iv always lived alone and as far as I’m aware always been on contributions based esa. I’m worried now that they are going to go through my claim with a fine tooth comb.....
I do have a copy of the letter which I have censored all personal info which I can link if it’s allowed.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
6 years 5 months ago #211079 by Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems
The following user(s) said Thank You: Lisa101

More
6 years 5 months ago #211092 by supermiff
Replied by supermiff on topic We need to look at your claim letter *panic*
Thank you for the reply Gordon. I was dreading the call but this has made me feel a little better. Things may of changed in the last few years but the last time I was dragged through the assesment system with Atos it turned out to be one of the most traumatic years of my life and made me extremely ill, so this was obviously one of my biggest concerns.
I was treated like a criminal a few years ago when I received an accidental overpayment so I’m shocked that I may of been getting underpaid the entire time.

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserChrisDavid