× Members

Pip review

More
6 years 5 months ago #211103 by stephbryan58
Pip review was created by stephbryan58
I received my PIP renewal for in August 2017 as my PIP is due to run out in August this year. I completed it and returned in on 18th September 17. Since then I have had 3 appts for home visits. The first one in January 18, I had a phonecall the morning of the appt to say the assessor was sick and another appt was made for 2 weeks later but received a call the night before to say the assessor had to be reassessed and an appointment was made for February again a home visit at 11.45. Well 11.45 came and went, no-one arrived or contact made. At 1.30 I rung capita to find out why no-one had arrived. I was told to ring the next day which I did to be told the assessor had come to the house but no-one was home. I told them this was not true. Not only was i home but I have dogs who would have barked. I also asked why the assessor didnt ring me I then had to give a full description of my house and told to ring dwp the following week which I did. I was told the assessor had gone to the wrong address and had the wrong mob no. I was told another appt would be sent out. However I havent heard anything more.

I am concerned that time is running out and I am unsure whether I should try contacting them again.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
6 years 5 months ago #211122 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic Pip review
Stephbryan

The only limiting factor that you need to be concerned about is the end date of your current award, it usually takes a maximum of four weeks to make a Decision once an assessment has been made so you still have a few months.

On as more practical note, you can make a complaint

www.capita-pip.co.uk/contact-us.aspx

and you should consider involving your MP

Contacting your MP

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

More
6 years 5 months ago #211132 by stephbryan58
Replied by stephbryan58 on topic Pip review
Thank you, I will follow thru on both suggestions

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserChrisDavid