× Members

ESA reconsideration of reconsideration decision!

More
6 years 5 months ago #211104 by Emma Tame
Hi all
I’ve been advised by DWP to do a second mandatory reconsideration on the ESA reconsideration decision in which they revised their initial decision to stop my ESA , and put me instead in the work-related activity group. I believe I should be in the support group. Is this a normal route to contest it? Also, the whole process of ESA and then PIP applications has made my severe CFS and anxiety conditions considerably worse. I want to request a longer review date. As it stands their back-dated 6 months review means I’ll have to start all over again in August, so any progress is likely to be undone. Any advice on this please?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
6 years 5 months ago #211123 by Gordon
Emma

Do you have new evidence for this second MR, it is unlikely that a second MR will revise the Decision to place you in the WRAG unless there is something new for them to look at.

I'm afraid the time between assessments for ESA is not part of the Decision and therefore cannot be appealed.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

More
6 years 5 months ago #211138 by Emma Tame
Replied by Emma Tame on topic ESA reconsideration of reconsideration decision!
Thank you for your very prompt response Gordon. Yes I do have new evidence, it’s from assessments they know were pending and said they would look at in the September review, so fingers crossed on that front. Shame about the review period, is it always 6 months? I’ve been on ESA (apart from the recent JSA blip when they declared me fit for work) for 11 months now, about to change to ESA (IR) in mid-May.

More
6 years 5 months ago #211158 by Gordon

Emma wrote: Thank you for your very prompt response Gordon. Yes I do have new evidence, it’s from assessments they know were pending and said they would look at in the September review, so fingers crossed on that front. Shame about the review period, is it always 6 months? I’ve been on ESA (apart from the recent JSA blip when they declared me fit for work) for 11 months now, about to change to ESA (IR) in mid-May.

ESA reassessments periods can be anywhere from 3 months to 3 years, the period should be a reflection of how likely your conditions are to change,

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems
The following user(s) said Thank You: Emma Tame

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserChrisDavid
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.