× Members

ESA assessment cancelled again

More
6 years 5 months ago #211153 by metrorider
ESA assessment cancelled again was created by metrorider
Hi Gordon,

Im currently being reassessed for ESA With the form having been sent off in August 2017. My first medical was cancelled in March and now my second one has also been cancelled by letter yesterday. I called Maximus to enquire as to what’s going on and was told that my case has been passed back to the case managers again.
Any idea as to why this might happen? I was not given a new appointment date over the phone like last time, so a bit confused. I did send a new GP evidence letter after my first medical was cancelled so maybe this has had an effect on it.

Finally, if you are moved from Support Group to Wrag do you only receive the new Wrag rate equivalent to Jsa or does my payment remain the same as my ESA claim was before April 2017 when the Support element was removed.

Many thanks

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
6 years 5 months ago #211169 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic ESA assessment cancelled again
metrorider

When you say Case Manager do you mean at Maximus or the DWP?

If you are moved to the WRAG then you will be entitled to payment of the WRAG component as you claim started before April 2017.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

More
6 years 5 months ago #211197 by metrorider
Replied by metrorider on topic ESA assessment cancelled again
Thank you for your reply.

It’s been passed over to the doctors at Maximus, not DWP. Is this a good sign that it may now be paper based like last time after I submitted new evidence? I say this as they normally give you another appointment over the phone.

Dave

More
6 years 5 months ago #211211 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic ESA assessment cancelled again

metrorider wrote: Thank you for your reply.

It’s been passed over to the doctors at Maximus, not DWP. Is this a good sign that it may now be paper based like last time after I submitted new evidence? I say this as they normally give you another appointment over the phone.

Dave

It is possible that they are going to do a Paper Based Review, I'm afraid you will have to wait and see.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserChrisDavid