× Members

From DLA to PIP in Care Home

More
6 years 5 months ago #211162 by cynthia2
From DLA to PIP in Care Home was created by cynthia2
My son is severely disabled and needs 24 hour care from myself and carers. He moved into a care home in 2013 and lost his mobility car. However, we were told by DWP decision maker that if he returned home at any point he would have the DLA re-instated as he qualified for the higher rate for both care and mobility. We continued to have yearly notifications of his entitlement, but no payments presumably because he lives in a care home. For the last 5 years I have had to buy a WAV myself to take him out to appointments or on visits to family. We have just moved over to PIP and was awarded Enhanced rate for both Care and Mobility and will have the Mobility paid until 2028. can anyone explain why he wasn't paid the mobility component on DLA. Nothing has changed on our side.
Many thanks.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
6 years 5 months ago #211175 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic From DLA to PIP in Care Home
Cynthia

It may depend on how the Care Home is funded, see 5.4.2 in the following

www.ageuk.org.uk/brandpartnerglobal/glou...ng_allowance_fcs.pdf

The rule for PIP is different and Mobility is payable however the Home is funded.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

More
6 years 5 months ago #211181 by cynthia2
Replied by cynthia2 on topic From DLA to PIP in Care Home
Thank you for your quick reply. This has been very useful. He is funded by NHS continuing health. Thank you for the link.
Cynthia

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserChrisDavid
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.